Donald G. Eagling
- Award winning impressionist painter
born in Michigan. Came West after college to enjoy the mountains and
sea of California.
- Retired engineer and Director of Facilities,
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, author of two earthquake
engineering books including the "Seismic
Safety Manual" for the United States Department of Energy
- Painted and sketched when young; finally pursued
lifelong interest in art in retirement. Studied with Pam Glover
and Van Waldron.
with Ted Goerschner, Tom Hughes, T.M. Nicolas, Randall Stauss,
Charles Waldman and Alexander Zimin.
- Working frequently en plein aire, favorite
subjects include mountains, streams, seas, lakes, forests,
orchards, ranches, skiing,
still lifes and florals.
- I find great satisfaction when I can translate these scenes into paintings that capture and relate my feelings to the viewers who share my inspiration for the western land and seascape.